DMTA has a Driver of the Month/Year program. To be selected as a Driver of the Month a driver has to be nominated by his/her employer. Nominations are based on a record of safe and courteous driving. To be eligible for nomination drivers must meet stringent criteria. Qualifications include:
- Must be employed by a DMTA member carrier.
- Must have been a full-time professional driver for the past 12 months or more
- Must have at least one year of experience with the member company that submits the nomination
- Must have an accident-free driving record for the prior calendar year and remain accident-free until the Driver of the Year is selected
- Employer must submit a copy of the nominee’s current DMV driving record
Each Driver of the Month will be recognized for his/her selection at our Annual Driver of the Year Awards Banquet and will be in the running for Driver of the Year. The Delaware State Police MCSAP team selects the Driver of the Year.
Nominate one of your drivers as a DMTA Driver of the Month!